Social media competition terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for promotions run through the Environmental Protection Authority social media channels.
- By participating in any competition or giveaway advertised by the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) on its Facebook page and/or other social media channels, you confirm that you accept and agree to these competition terms.
- The Promoter of the Competition is the EPA. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and/or other Social Media channels. You completely release Facebook and/or other Social Media channels from any and all liability associated with this competition.
- Entry is open only to New Zealand residents who are actually residing in New Zealand at the time of the competition. Employees of the EPA (and their immediate families) are ineligible.
- Only one valid entry per participant will be accepted for each competition.
- Entrants must follow the instructions on the competition Facebook post and/or other Social Media channel to enter this competition.
- The competition will begin when the competition post has been uploaded onto Facebook and/or other Social Media channel (“competition period”). The competition period will end on the date specified in the competition post.
- At the end of the competition period the EPA will select a winner or winners (at the EPA’s discretion) for each competition from Entries received during the competition period.
- The winner(s) will be drawn as specified by the Facebook Competition post and/or other Social Media channel. The prize winner(s) will receive the prize that is advertised on either the Facebook Competition post, the Facebook Competition photo and/or other Social Media channel.
- The EPA will endeavour to notify each of the prize winners via Facebook and/or other Social Media channel. However, if the winner cannot be reached within three working days of the prize being drawn, we may redraw a new prize winner without liability to any person. The EPA reserves the right to contact the selected winners by other means.
- The EPA is not responsible for any prize that has been lost, stolen, damaged or tampered with in any way before it reaches a winner and after it has been released from the EPA’s custody and control.
- Accepting a prize constitutes a winner's consent to be photographed and/or interviewed by the EPA and for the EPA to use his or her name, city/town of residence, competition entry and/or photographs and interviews for publicity purposes. This includes on the EPA’s website, direct and social media channels.
- The decisions of the EPA on all matters relating to this competition are final. The EPA reserves the right to verify the validity of an entry or a winner's right to redeem the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The EPA reserves the right to amend the prizes offered and these terms and conditions and in its absolute discretion cancel the competition at any time and without prior notice.
- To the extent permitted by law, the EPA excludes any liability it may have to you arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this Competition.
- Any personal information collected as part of this Competition will be held by EPA in accordance with its obligations under the Privacy Act. You have the right to access, update and correct any of your personal information. To access or request correction of your personal information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific promotion terms and conditions – Spring cleaning competition
After the competition period ends, all of the correct answers will go in the draw to win the prize set out in the competition social media post. The winner will be randomly selected from the pool of correct answers and the winners notified by the social media platform on which they entered.