Proposals to change new organism status
We are seeking submissions on proposals to remove the new organism status of five species already present in New Zealand.
This would mean the organisms would no longer be regulated under the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms (HSNO) Act. The proposal would remove impediments to researchers wishing to work with these organisms.
The organisms are:
- Cybocephalus sp. (beetle)
- Harmonia axyridis (ladybird)
- Aridelus rufotestaceus (wasp)
- Komagataeibacter xylinus (bacterium)
- Listeria phage P100 (virus – bacteriophage)
Input from the public and interested parties is now being sought on the effects of this proposed change.
- Read the proposal for Cybocephalus sp.
- Read the proposal for Harmonia axyridis
- Read the proposal for Aridelus rufotestaceus
- Read the proposal for Komagataeibacter xylinus
- Read the proposal for Listeria phage P100
Submissions close at 5pm on 27 April 2018.