The expert consenting panel must invite written comments on the resource consent application or notice of requirement from the persons or groups set out in clauses 17 and 18 of Schedule 6 of the Act.
Responses received on legal submissions and new applications – 29 June 2021
On 24 June 2021, the expert consenting panel released Minute 3 regarding the submission of the new applications and legal submission from the applicant, KiwiRail Holdings Limited. The panel invited responses from those who commented on the application.
On 29 June 2021, the following responses were received.
Auckland Council Geotechnical specialist comments (PDF, 290KB)
Auckland Council Earthworks and Streams specialist comments (PDF, 268KB)
Ann Richardson comments (PDF, 225KB)
TL Roose Holdings comments (PDF, 268KB)
Responses received on the application – 14 June 2021
On 21 May 2021, the Papakura to Pukekōhe rail electrification Expert Consenting Panel invited comments on the application. Comments needed to be received by the EPA by 14 June 2021.
We received 21 comments which are listed below. Personal details have been redacted. The response from Auckland Council includes a number of technical memos from asset owners, subject matter experts and comments from local board members and councilors.
Comments received from Auckland Council (PDF, 826KB)
Auckland Council technical experts and asset owners
Development Engineer comments (PDF, 164KB)
Earthworks and Streamworks comments (PDF, 264KB)
Watercare Services Ltd comments (PDF, 1.3MB)
Healthy Waters comments (PDF, 266KB)
Archaeology comments (PDF, 488KB)
Compliance Monitoring comments (PDF, 205KB)
Contaminated Land comments (PDF, 220KB)
Auckland Transport comments (PDF, 189KB)
Acoustic comments (PDF, 107KB)
Built Heritage comments (PDF, 173KB)
Ecology comments (PDF, 209KB)
Council Parks comments (PDF, 697KB)
Auckland Council Local Boards and Councillor
Franklin Local Board comments (PDF, 97KB)
Papakura Local Board comments (PDF, 180KB)
Franklin Ward Councillor comments (PDF, 249KB)
Comments from other parties
- Minister for Arts Culture and Heritage (PDF, 67KB)
- Minister of Māori Crown Relations (PDF, 50KB)
- Minister for Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations (PDF, 62KB)
- Minister for Land Information (PDF, 62KB)
- Donald and Lynley Bray (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Counties Manukau District Health Board (PDF, 266KB)
- Environmental Defence Society (PDF, 825KB)
- First Gas Ltd (PDF, 5MB)
- Heritage New Zealand (PDF, 138KB)
- Noeline and Robert Krogh (PDF, 768KB)
- KR and JO Morrow Family Trust (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Michael Norsworthy (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Margaret Richardson (PDF, 1.1MB)
- TL Roose Holdings Ltd and tenants' (PDF, 3.5MB)
- Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society (PDF, 427KB)
- Anil Sachdeva (PDF, 1MB)
- Shannon Shaw (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Milly Sue (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Te Waihanga New Zealand Infrastructure Commission (PDF, 125KB)
- Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency (PDF, 207KB)
- Lessa Wright (PDF, 170KB)
Applicant's response to the comments received
Comments received by 14 June 2021
On 22 June 2021, the applicant, KiwiRail Holdings Limited, responded to the comments on the application, received by the EPA up to and including 14 June 2021.
KiwiRail's response to the comments received on the application (PDF, 694KB)
Comments received by 29 June 2021
On 2 July 2021, the EPA received from the applicant, a response to the comments provided by parties in the legal submissions and new applications as at 29 June 2021. The Panel has resolved to consider these.
KiwiRail's response to the comments received on 29 June 2021(PDF, 491KB)