Many cleaning and other household items that we use on a daily basis could harm us or the environment if not used properly. This can include those marked as natural, organic or environmentally friendly.
It is important that you use these products correctly to keep you and your whānau, your pets, environment and community, safe and healthy. Just follow these six simple steps to stay safe.
- Always read and follow the instructions.
- Only use household cleaning chemicals as intended and never mix them.
- Close containers properly, lock them up, and keep them out of reach.
- Store your cleaning products in their original containers.
- Use child safety locks on cupboards.
- Dispose of unused cleaning chemicals and empty containers according to label instructions.