Senior Project Manager - Fixed term
We are looking for someone who would enjoy the challenge of working on a high-profile, nationally significant project.
We're revolutionising the way chemicals are managed and regulated in New Zealand.
So, we're looking for a highly organised, senior operator, with sound planning, analytical, financial, relationship, and risk management skills.
This is a hands-on project management role so you'll have advanced interpersonal skills, be able to see the bigger picture, be able to deal with ambiguity, and calmly lead under pressure. You'll also be politically savvy.
As the senior project manager you'll be accountable for:
- providing expert leadership and direction for the project, with project planning support across three workstreams, project reporting, and project controls management.
- ensuring the approval processes for the project deliverables meets quality and timeline goals.
This role works with the Project Sponsor and Business Owner who provide quality assurance to the project, and with the Governance Group that provides oversight, communication, escalation management, and documentation.
This is a fixed term role for the remainder of 2017/18 financial year (to end of June) and then for the entire 2018/19 financial year.
Knowledge and experience required
- You will have successfully led projects within tight timeframes.
- You will know how to get the best out of multidisciplinary project teams.
- Experience in developing business cases, and in stakeholder engagement is essential.
- You will be an advanced user of Microsoft Project and have excellent writing skills.
- A project management qualification would be a bonus.
What we can offer you
We’re forming a great team here, of people who are passionate, wonderful to work with and have a sense of fun. It’s a great time to join us and help make a difference to shaping the future of hazardous substances management in New Zealand.
For further information please contact Maree Drumm, Assistant HR Advisor on email@example.com.
Applying for the position:
To apply, please email a completed application form with a covering letter and a copy of your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5pm Monday 21 May 2018