ContactUs List of access keys Home Site Map Privacy FAQs Disclaimer Skip to main content
Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Print Phis Page

FAQs: Industrial Allocations

Can I apply for industrial allocation over the phone?

No. You must apply using the prescribed form, which is online only and available via your account in the New Zealand Emissions Trading Register (NZETR).

What application form do I need to complete during 1 January to 30 April?

Please see How to Apply for an Industrial Allocation​ for information about how to complete an application.

Should the data I use in my application be from the calendar year or the financial year?

Data provision for industrial allocation applications is based on the calendar year – 1 January to 31 December.

I need further help completing the form. Is there someone I can contact?

Yes. Please email your questions to, or contact us​.

When I submitted the form there was an error message. What do I do?

Check to see whether you completed all the mandatory fields. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*).

If there was an error with the submission, either try to submit the application form again, or contact us​ to check that the Environmental Protection Authority received your application successfully.

I provided incorrect information on the application form. How can I fix it?

Email or contact us​ by phone and tell the operator that you provided incorrect information on your application form. The operator will arrange for an analyst from the Environmental Protection Authority to contact you to determine next steps.

Where can I find more information about the regulations that relate to my activity?

The regulations are available on the Government’s Legislation website: Climate Change (Eligible Industrial Activities) Regulations 2010.​​​​​​