22 February 2017
The Northern Corridor Improvements proposal is now open for submissions.
The application, from the New Zealand Transport Agency, has been referred to an independent Board of Inquiry, which must make a decision within nine months.
You can make submissions online through the EPA website or in writing.
Submissions must be received by the EPA by 5 pm Wednesday 22 March 2017.
About the proposal
The Northern Corridor Improvements (NCI) proposal provides the final motorway connection for the Western Ring Route Project. It includes direct motorway interchange connections between State Highway 1 (SH1) and State Highway 18 (SH18), and capacity and safety improvements on SH1 between Constellation Drive and Oteha Valley Road, and on SH18 between SH1 and Albany Highway. The proposal also includes an extension of the Northern Busway from Constellation Drive to the Albany Bus Station, reconfiguration of Constellation Bus Station, and the addition of shared use paths along the length of the proposal area.
Understanding the process
Public information afternoon
We are holding an information session to explain the board of inquiry process and answer questions the process on Saturday 4 March 2017, 1 pm - 2 pm, at Takapuna War Memorial Hall, 7 The Strand, Takapuna.
Friend of Submitter
We have also appointed Michael Campbell, of Campbell Brown as an independent ‘Friend of Submitter’, to provide assistance to submitters. You can find out more about this service including contact details here: Friend of Submitter (pdf, 939 kb)
The Friend of Submitter will hold drop-in sessions at the following times:
- Saturday 4 March 2pm - 3pm, after the EPA public information afternoon, at Takapuna War Memorial Hall, 7 The Strand, Takapuna, Auckland.
- Wednesday 8 March 6pm - 8pm at Takapuna War Memorial Hall, 7 The Strand, Takapuna, Auckland.
- Saturday 11 March 1:30pm - 3:30pm at Ponsonby Community Centre, 20 Ponsonby Terrance, Ponsonby, Auckland.
- Tuesday 14 March 12pm - 2pm at Auckland Central Library, Te Marama Room, 44-46 Lorne Street, Auckland Central.
- Thursday 16 March 6pm - 8pm at Takapuna War Memorial Hall, 7 The Strand, Takapuna, Auckland.
Connect with us:
Consultation RSS feed