22 February 2017
The East West Link proposal is now open for public submissions.
The application, from the New Zealand Transport Agency, has been referred to an independent Board of Inquiry, which must make a decision within nine months.
You can make submissions online through the EPA website or in writing.
Submissions must be received by the EPA by 5 pm Wednesday 22 March 2017.
About the proposal
The East West Link Proposal involves the construction of a new four lane arterial road connecting State Highway 20 (SH20) at the Neilson Street Interchange in Onehunga with State Highway 1 (SH1) in Mt Wellington. The proposed highway travels along the northern edge of the Mangere Inlet (Manukau Harbour), which is a heavily industrialised area. It also involves reclamation, and effectively creates a coastal causeway.
In addition to the proposed highway, the proposal includes new local road connections within the Onehunga and Penrose areas and new, or upgraded, cycle and pedestrian facilities.
Understanding the process
Public information afternoon
We are holding an information session to explain the board of inquiry process and answer questions on the process on Saturday, 4 March 2017, 4:15pm - 5:15pm, at Māngere Old School Hall, Main Hall, 299 Kirkbride Road, Māngere.
Friend of Submitter
We have also appointed Michael Campbell, of Campbell Brown, as an independent ‘Friend of Submitter’, to provide assistance to submitters about the process. You can find out more about this service including contact details here: Friend of submitter flyer (pdf, 939 kb)
The Friend of Submitter will hold drop-in sessions at the following times:
- Saturday 4 March 5:15pm - 6pm, after the EPA public information afternoon at Māngere Old School Hall, Main Hall, 299 Kirkbride Road, Māngere.
- Thursday 9 March 6pm - 8pm at Onehunga Community Centre, Henderson Room, 83 Church Street, Onehunga, Auckland.
- Saturday 11 March 1:30pm - 3:30pm at Ponsonby Community Centre, 20 Ponsonby Terrace, Ponsonby, Auckland.
- Tuesday 14 March 12pm - 2pm at Auckland Central Library, Te Marama Room, 44-46 Lorne Street, Auckland Central.
- Wednesday 15 March 6pm - 8pm at Onehunga Community Centre, Henderson Room, 83 Church Street, Onehunga, Auckland.
- Freephone: 0800 426 843
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us:
Consultation RSS feed