ContactUs List of access keys Home Site Map Privacy FAQs Disclaimer Skip to main content
Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Print Phis Page

Information for applicants

Any person may lodge one or more of the following matters with the EPA:

  • applications for resource consent and changes or cancellation of consent conditions
  • notices of requirement for designations or heritage protection orders (including alterations)
  • requests for private plan changes or a regional plan.
The EPA has 20 working days to make a recommendation to the Minister once 'the matter' is received. We assesses the matter for completeness, provide a recommendation to the Minister about whether the matter is a proposal of national significance and advise whether the matter should be referred to a board of inquiry or to the Environment Court.

How to apply

The process of applying to us is similar to applying to a council

Application forms

When applying to us on a resource management matter please use the forms listed on this page

Find a document